To see how many spots are left in any of these classes, please CLICK HERE.
Each session meets for six weeks. Classes will be held at SuNu Wellness Center which is located near Ridgedale Mall in Minnetonka. The address is 12455 Ridgedale Drive, Suite 203, Minnetonka, MN 55305.
How To Enroll:
Thank you for your interest in my Hypnobabies classes. Please contact me via email so we can set up a time to speak on the phone. I must speak with each Mom before enrollment to ensure that Hypnobabies will be a fantastic fit for you! Then, a $100 deposit reserves your spot in class and you will be mailed your first CD so you can start experiencing the deep relaxation of hypnosis even before we meet!
The total cost for my class is $375. You will send $100 to me as a deposit after I have accepted your enrollment. Please pay the remaining $275 by check by the first day of class. This cost includes the following supplies:
- Your Hypnobabies workbook
- 7 CDs for the Hypno-Mom
- 1 CD for the Birth Partner
- The Hypnobabies Quick Reference Guide
- The Birth Partner's Guide
- 5 Hypnobabies scripts on paper
- 16 handouts
- A perineal massage booklet
- 2 brochures
- A new Mom and baby care booklet with online subscription to videos, PDFs, and other resources from Enjoy Birth and Parenting.
- Hypnobabies Tote Bag
Note: If you are interested in Hypnobabies but not able to pay the full amount, please contact me. I really want to talk to you and work something out!
WHAT IS HYPNOBABIES?
Hypnobabies is a complete childbirth education class PLUS an amazing assortment of medical hypnotic anesthesia techniques for both the Mom and Birth Partner to use before, during and after the birth of their baby.
Hypnobabies’ Complete Childbirth Education includes the following:
- Staying healthy and low risk
- Comfort in Pregnancy
- Detailed Birthing Choices
- Creating Informed Consent
- An in-depth Nutrition and Exercise program
- Avoidance of Toxic Substances
- Optimum Fetal Positioning
- Turning a Posterior Baby
- Stages of Labor
- Anatomy and Physiology of Birth
- Prenatal Parenting
- Avoiding Back Labor with the Abdominal Lift and Tuck
- Baby Kick Counting
- Belly Mapping
- The Risks, Benefits and Alternatives to Common Labor Interventions
- Birth Empowerment Skills
- Birth Plans & Baby Plans
- Touring the Birth Facility
- Doula and Midwifery information
- Avoiding Induction and Cesarean Section
- Delayed Cord Clamping and other Baby Kindness information
- Using hypnosis for 3rd stage
- Comprehensive and detailed birth preparation and labor support training for Birth Partners
- A 28 page Quick Reference booklet for labor
- Birthing Rehearsals using Hypnobabies techniques in class.
- Information on New Baby Care, Breastfeeding and Postpartum care for our moms.
Please visit the Hypnobabies home page to learn more about the following Frequently Asked Questions you may have.
- Should I take a Hypnobabies class or do the home study course?
- What is the difference between Hypnobabies and a regular hypno-birthing class?
- When should I start Hypnobabies?
- Can my Birth Partner come to Hypnobabies Class with me?
- Will I be able to move around and be awake and aware of my body and my baby during my labor, using hypnosis?
- How does hypnosis for childbirth work?
WHY CHOOSE HYPNOBABIES?
- The Ultimate Reason: a calm, comfortable and easy, natural birth!
- You and your partner will be more relaxed during pregnancy, labor, and birth.
- Shorter labor due to lack of resistance in your birthing muscles.
- Fewer complications and interventions, as your body and mind stay completely relaxed during labor.
- Proper positioning of your baby during pregnancy and birth: Posterior and Breech babies can be turned with hypnosis.
- Fewer drugs or no drugs at all, meaning less risk of harmful side effects for you and your baby.
- The birthing environment is much more calm and peaceful when the natural childbirth mother is comfortable, relaxed, and confident.
- Birth partners are relaxed and confident and are able to enjoy their partners pregnancy and childbirth. These skills will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
- Our Hypno-moms are easily “deprogrammed” from the usual negativity of childbirth stories and scenarios they may have heard or read by way of training in Hypnobabies classes and audio CD’s that have positive messages and hypnotic suggestions. This automatically allows them to have a much more positive attitude and confidence in birthing.
- Elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Cycle.
Yeah... but does it really work?
- Hypnobabies uses real Medical Hypnosis techniques called “hypno-anesthesia.” These are the same techniques used for non-anesthetic medical and dental surgical procedures, (for those people who are allergic to medical anesthetics) and we have a very high success rate of unmedicated comfortable births.
- Do you need to see it to believe it? Check out videos of Hypno-parents just like you using their Hypnobabies knowledge and skills during their baby’s birth on our You Tube channel HERE.
The following are statistics from our founder's students over several years:
- Comfortable labors – 70–75% Women who report that they felt mostly pressure or tightening sensations. Most of these women described their labor as “pain-free”.
- Comfortable until transition – 10–15% Pressure only until the 10–60 minute transitional period with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. “Very manageable.”
- Comfortable until active labor – 10% with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. This group can have any number of things that affect their birth experiences: posterior or mal-presentations that do not resolve, other labor complications, emotional issues, lack of support, or they simply did not do their homework (30 – 35 minutes a day)! Hypnosis won’t help someone who is not willing to do the work involved in preparing for her baby’s birth.
Class 1: Introduction to Hypnobabies
Introduction to Hypnobabies’ Philosophies and Positive Mindset; Pregnancy Anatomy and Physiology; Belief Systems; The Power of Words and How They Affect Us; How Your Mind Works – The Conscious and Subconscious; The Mind/Body Connection; What Hypnosis is and is NOT; Demonstrations of Hypnosis; How Fear Affects Comfort and Length of Labor; Fear Clearing for Childbirth; The Importance of Daily Birthing Affirmations; The Gifts Your Body Gives You – Your Beautiful Uterus and How it Works; Creating Your “Mental Lightswitch”; Partner Communication Exercise and the “Contract of Trust”.
Hypnosis Script: “Learning Self-Hypnosis”. (Entering hypnosis on your own and controlling all sensations in your body.)
Class 2: Staying Healthy and Low Risk
Importance of Diet in Pregnancy; Nutritional Guidelines; The High Protein Advantage; Eggs, Salt and Calcium in Pregnancy; Drinking Water for Two; Avoidance of Harmful Substances; Safe and Comfortable Prenatal Sleeping and Resting Positions; Natural Comfort Measures for Pregnancy; Introduction of the Stages of Labor including the “Baby-Kindness” Stage; New Baby Sensitivity Through Bonding; Using Hypnosis for Pregnancy Discomforts and Health; Prenatal Exercises for Birth; Birth Partner Assistance.
Hypnosis Script: “Creating Anesthesia”.(Modifying your hypnosis to include Hypno-anesthesia and “Eyes-Open Childbirth Hypnosis”.)
Class 3: Your Options in Birthing
Birth Partner’s “Relax and Feel Confident” CD; The Importance of Making Excellent Birthing Decisions; the “Big Secrets”; Detailed Childbirth Choices – Risks, Benefits and Alternatives for Common Procedures; Getting Informed Consent, Hospital Forms and Your Rights; Questions for Caregivers – Consumer Issues and Positive Communication; Creating the Birth Plan of your Dreams; “Big” Babies; Packing Your Birth Bag; Touring Your Place of Birth; Benefits of a Professional Labor Assistant; “Hypno-Doulas”.
Hypnosis Script: “Hypnotic Childbirth # 1 – Birth Hypnosis Tools”. (Learning cues for deepening hypnosis and anesthesia instantly.)
Class 4: The Onset of Labor
Your “Guess Date” and Normal Length of Pregnancy; Preparing for your Birthing Day; Signs of Birthing Beginning; Amniotic Membranes Breaking – Your Safe Choices; True vs. “False” Labor; How to Time Your Birthing Waves (contractions); Your Birth Log; When to go to the Birth Place; Automatic Comfort and Relaxation on “The Drive” and Arrival at Your Place of Birth (if out of your home); Hypno-Guardians; Nurses – the Unsung Heroes; Using Hypnosis for Comfort During Internal Exams; Dilation, Effacement, Position and Station of Baby; The Beautiful Progress of Labor, Including Fast, Average and Slow or Stalled Labor; Artificial Induction and Natural Induction Techniques; Creating a Safe and Serene Birthing Environment; Nausea Elimination; Optimum Fetal Positioning.
Hypnosis Script: “Hypnotic Childbirth # 2 – Deepening Your Hypno-Anesthesia.”(Birth Partner Cues for instantly deepening hypnosis and moving anesthesia around to different areas of your body.)
Class 5: Birth Partners, Transformation and Birth
Birth Partners Training: Your Role During Pregnancy and Birthing Reviewed; How a Labor Assistant Can Help the Hypno-Partner; 4 Pages of Verbal Birthing Cues; Physical Comfort Techniques; the Change of Plans Hypnosis Script; Late First Stage Labor – Transition…or “Transformation”; Hypnosis Deepening techniques; Trusting in Your Body, Your Mind and your Baby; Protecting the Hypno-Mom!; Effective Positions for Birthing; Benefits and Use of the Birth Ball; Exhale Pushing and Avoiding the “Ring of Fire” with Hypnosis; Safe Birthing of the Placenta; Cord Traction, Pitocin, Post-Partum Choices; Review: Membranes Releasing, Hypnobabies Tools, Using Your Mental Lightswitch, Fear Clearing for Childbirth; Avoiding a Cesarean Section.
Hypnosis practice: Using Hypnobabies in the Moment! Full practice of our Hypnobabies Lightswitch techniques, Peace cue, Release cue, Birth Partner’s cues, and Moving Hypno-Anesthesia around Your Body.
Class 6: Birthing Your Baby and Beyond
Hypnosis Script: “Visualize (Create!) Your Birth” (a mental practice of labor and birthing that creates your childbirth experience for you exactly as you desire it to be.)
Followed by our in-depth Birthing Rehearsal using all Hypnobabies Techniques, Birth Balls, Walking, Positional Changes and Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis where our Hypno-Moms and Birth Partners practice their Hypnobabies cues and techniques together, in hypnosis, culminating with “giving birth” using Hypno-Anesthesia.
New Baby Care: Baby Kindness, Apgar Scores, Normal Newborn Appearance, and Choices for Baby’s Care including Hospital and Homebirth Newborn Procedures, Bathing or Not?, Vaccinations, Circumcision and Rooming In. A Good Start with Breastfeeding, Latching, Non-Schedules, BF Resources, Attachment Parenting Information, Slings and Carriers, and much more!
HELP FOR HOME STUDY MOMS:
If you have chosen to prepare for your birth using the Hypnobabies Home Study Course, I can work with you to take your learning and experience to the next level. With "The Home Study Advantage", I come to your house for a private 3 hour class, teaching you and your birth partner important information about using Hypnobabies for your birth, and I lead you through an in-depth birthing rehearsal. This time will leave you and your partner feeling confident and prepared that you are ready to use your Hypnobabies techniques for an easier, more comfortable birthing. In addition, after the home study advantage class, I hope you will use me as a resource for any questions you have as you make the final preparations for your birth.
The cost for this private, in-home class is $100. I can offer a sliding scale if finances are a concern. I'm passionate about helping couples use Hypnobabies to its fullest potential and would love to work with you!
Please contact me for more information about the home study advantage.